Teams can have an unlimited number of players in their squad. Each player has a ‘per game’ salary that is a representation of his skills at the start of the season.
All players have a rating from 1 – 18 for 10 skill categories (6 Primary Skills and 4 Physical Abilities):
- POSSESSION – possession
- TACKLING – tackle
- MARKING – marking/spoiling
- RUCKWORK – hit outs
- GOAL KICKING – goals
- READING PLAY – This improves all of the five CONTEST CALCULATIONS (listed above) in the game play simulation. As such 20% of this skill value will be attributed to every calculation.
The 1 – 18 ratings for each category are as listed below:
All players have a rating for ‘Talent Level’ which reflects how much improvement they can potentially realise with training. Below is the skill level 'cap' for the respective talent levels:
- Depth Player – Maximum total skill points = 50.
- Reserve – Maximum total skill points = 60.
- Role Player – Maximum total skill points = 70.
- Leader – Maximum total skill points = 80.
- Gun – Maximum total skill points = 90.
- Club Champion – Maximum total skill points = 100.
- League Champion – Maximum total skill points = 110.
- Great of the Game – Maximum total skill points = 120.
- Legend – Unlimited total skill points = 130+.
- All players have a ‘Body Type’ which provides bonuses / penalties for certain training.
- All players have a randomly determined height between 170 – 210cm. Height will provide bonuses / penalties for certain training. Height will also factor in the Ruck Contest to determine which player wins the Hitout.
- All players will retire once they reach 35 years of age.
- All players drafted during the ‘Rookie Draft’ each season will either be 18 or 19 years old.
- All players 'Physical Condition' will decrease by 2% each league match they play.
- Any player who is rested for 1 league match will regain 10% 'Physical Condition'.
- ‘Physical Condition’ acts as a multiplier against a players’ total skill rating. Example: Player 1 has a total skill rating of 100 but his ‘Physical Condition’ is 90% (played 5 games without rest). During his game that week if played, Player 1 will have all skills reduced to 90% of their listed level.
- Chance of injury increases the worse a players ‘Physical Condition’ gets.
- ‘NOTE: Injury will never occur in-game. It will always occur post game and the number of games sidelined will be nominated.